WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT?
I help people laugh at, and learn about, words. In recent times I've:
- tutored in Chinese English at a bank in Taiwan
- preached plain English at a school in Tawa
- warbled to 600 women at a Wellington Town Hall conference
- gabbled gobbledygook to marketers at an Ellerslie Racecourse lunch
- briefed Brits on creative strategy at a Madrid business school
- played the star at a Royal Astronomical Society conference dinner
- disturbed the Hutt Valley Justices of the Peace dinner
- made diplomatic representations to an Honorary Consuls lunch
- left kids and parents asking for more at a school leavers' dinner.
My talks have had names like Plain English As A Second Language, Great
Explanations, and Dances With Words - the Use, Abuse, Origins and
Absurdities of the World's Craziest Language.
But I'm happy to tailor one for your audience. Let's talk.